10.11.2007

nothing really.

this week has gone pretty fast, and then only one more week at this shithole job. i get paid on monday so that means maybe tattoo's next week. i am thinking that the flowers arn't going to work with my M thats already on my lower bicep (muscles, ha). what i have come across, and hope to alter a bit are these:



i really love the one on the left, with some edits to the details irrupting from her head - but i hate the colors and would change them to black and white, grey and light blue. on the other hand, i like the owl's outstretched wings.
















i cannot find the website i stole these from at the moment, but i think these images are exactly what i was looking for. i find it hard sometimes, because i know i have a picture in my head, but it never comes out right when i try to get my hands to draw.

anyway, i've been reading all of these park slope and gowanus blogs, the one that best covers my area is the gowanus lounge. some of the posts are hysterical, as well as informational. the posts about the blunts being constantly smoked on someone's block is entertaining considering it is very reminiscent of our block every night. in addition, i am also fond of only the blog knows brooklyn.

yesterday was my father's birthday and it was wonderful to be home in the (finally) cool fall air. we had birthday cake and i got to hang out with my puppy man. later, lana came over and we smoked and talked in my room for two hours as usual. it was nice, im suped for my week off to spend back in westchester.


so THIS WEEKEND - well, sunday - is the 'gowanus harvest festival' at the yard on carroll street, right around the block from us. i am looking forward to the beer tasting, pumpkin carving and bon fire action. what else is up for friday and saturday?

3 comments:

J Gott said...

hey yo! looking forward to meeting you at The Yard on sunday. Make sure you say hi to the Meanred ladies (me, Alicia, and Jen).

And best of luck with the tat. Talk to Alicia, she designed her own and it is doperific.
-JennyG

Anonymous said...

jenny,

do you live in the area? im sort of new to blogger and interested in how you found me? haa. thanks for the luck wish and looking forward to sunday.

a.

J Gott said...

Hey Anna,

I found you from a blog search of the harvest fest.

no, I don't live in the area...technically. I work here on the canal every day though. my sched is super erratic because we are running around maintaining The Yard, Meanred Productions and 205club. but if you ever want to go on a bike ride in our beautiful nabe, hollerrrrr.

JennyG